image of St Peter's, Richmond

The Bells

Bells at the foundry

The bells pictured above are planned for St Peter's Richmond. Bells 1, 2 and 5 have been donated by bell ringers, with the treble cast by Taylors on 12 March 2020. Bells 3, 4, 6, 7 and 8 were donated by the Keltek Trust, sourced from various places. A recording of the eight bells following tuning may be found here.

For more information, see Ringing Towers, Winter 2020.

History

The church was designed by Francis Clarke and built between 1836 and 1841. When the church was finished the tower contained one bell, still used today, cast by local founder Richard Dawson of Sydney in 1841.

For more information, see Ringing Towers, Winter 2020.

This page supplements the ANZAB Tower Directory, and records further information about the tower, its bells and ringers.

Some of this has been provided by local ringers, but most is historical and has been gathered by the ANZAB Webmaster since 2002.

Tower officers are encouraged to submit material for inclusion on this page, or suggest changes to its content.

Contact the